After graduation, you will be prepared to take on a wide range of positions within the Automotive Service Sector. Here is a brief outline of some of the employment opportunities, job titles and responsibilities you might have once you have completed your training.
Automotive Service Advisor employment opportunities
- Automotive Dealerships
- Automotive Franchise
- Independent Repair Facilities
Service Advisor Entry-level job titles
- Service Advisor
- Wholesale Retail Parts Representative
- Wholesale Technical Sales Specialist
- Retail Salesperson & Sales Clerk
- Sales Representative (Non Technical)
- Retail Parts Clerk
- Tower Operator
- Warranty Administrator
- Appointment Coordinator
Typical job description for an automotive service advisor
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to customers who come to the dealership with questions and concerns about their vehicle.
- Suggest additional services and products to the customer (sales). Write up the work order for the required repairs.
- Estimate parts and labour costs, negotiate terms of payment and initiate credit checks
- Process and track administrative paperwork regarding customer repairs.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the technician.
- Maintain contact with the customer to keep them informed of status of the service work.